Level 2: Support Coordination
Support Coordinators can provide time limited, low level or specialist coordination of supports. Here are a few examples of the types of assistance a Support Coordinator can provide:
- connecting you with informal, mainstream and funded supports to strengthen your capacity and resilience
- negotiating services and pricing
- arranging assessments required to determine the nature and type of funding required
- liaising with Plan Managers to establish the appropriate claim categories
- providing participants with assistance to: resolve problems, understand their responsibilities under service agreements
- change or end a service agreement.