Forward Focused is a leading registered NDIS provider. We provide customised services to people with disability. We support NDIS participants by offering a range of person-centred services and supports. We are committed to supporting our participants towards greater independence. Now we are looking for dynamic, diverse, and talented people with a clear passion to support our participants on their independence journey.
We are currently seeking disability support workers to provide in-home assistance with everyday living activities and personal care to clients living with physical disability. A key objective of the role is to enable clients to live as independently as possible within their own homes. Experience in manual handling and wound care are desirable.
Casual roles available, remuneration aligned with Social and Community Services industry pay rates. Rotating roster, flexibility to work days, evenings, inactive sleepovers and weekend shifts required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide direct personal care to clients in accordance with their care plan and as directed; in particular we are seeking support workers who are familiar in manual handling e.g. use of hoist, sling, transfers from wheelchair to bed / commode and vice versa. Personal care includes showering, toileting and dressing.
- An understanding and appreciation of the importance of pressure care and pressure wound prevention is desirable. As is wound care management knowledge and experience.
- Assist clients with daily living activities within their own homes, to enhance their independence and maintain their current living arrangements. Examples of daily living activities include but are not limited to: household duties / cleaning such as vacuuming, mopping, laundry, dishwashing, changing linen, meal preparation, grocery shopping and/or running miscellaneous errands.
- Accompany and escort clients (via own vehicle or wheelchair accessible taxi) as required to access community e.g. medical appointments, shopping, recreational activities and outings etc.
- Work in accordance with Work Health and Safety procedures and client right’s policies including privacy and confidentiality.
- Monitor and contribute to the safety and well-being of clients.
- Work with clients, family / carers, relevant case managers and other professionals to support the client’s individual goals.
- Liaise and work effectively with other staff to ensure the overall smooth and consistent running of the service, including reporting regularly to the management team.
- Provide backup and support to other staff as necessary.
- Competitive salary.
- A fun workplace.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Flexible work arrangements.
How to Apply
Please submit a covering letter with your resume/application outlining your set of skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org